3 Stage Process: Automatic Conveyor Powder Coating Line
At APCL we follow an industry standard 3 Stage Powder Coating Process. Items are first cleaned thoroughly and any grime or grit removed. The cleaned items are then pre-treated, usually with suitable chemical covering for better adhesion and smooth coating. Areas that need to be protected from coating are taken care of. The item is then sent for actual powder coating and coated as per colour and technical specifications. The coated item is cured in our temperature controlled oven for the required duration. The final step is cooling. Throughout the process, stringent quality checks are made and the item constantly inspected.
Cleaning and surface preparation or Pre-treatment
Powder Coating - the actual powder coating process
Curing & Cooling
- Stage 1 - Cleaning and surface preparation or Pre-treatment
- Discuss and finalize the type of finish, colour and specifications.
- Determine the type of cleansing and pre-treatment required.
- Item is pre-treated and made ready for powder coating.
- Stage 2 - Powder Coating - the actual powder coating process
- Item is powder coated as per specifications. Technicians ensure the coating is even and smooth and that all of the surface area is covered. Areas that need to be protected, like threading or clearance holes, are taken care of with either high temperature masking or specialized plugs.
- Stage 3 - Curing & Cooling
- The next stage is curing. Technicians set the right temperature and duration. Periodic checks are made to ensure curing is done correctly.
- Cured item is sent onward for cooling.
- Final quality control is completed. Item is inspected to ensure specifications are met. Scratch Coat Tests and Measured Paint Thickness Coat Tests are diligently run on every item that comes off the finishing line.
- Items are packaged and sent onwards either for shipping or pick up by customer.